Saturday, August 25, 2007

She's baaaaaaaaaaaack..........

Welcome to the new Blog for William Mapother Online, version 2007!

The Blog is one of the new features of the revised website. I hope to use it not only to share news and developments about William and WMO, but also as a sort of "sounding board" for my own thoughts and opinions about the latest William-centric news. Reviews of William's latest projects will be forthcoming (as the site will now be focusing more heavily on William's individual projects), so watch carefully for spoiler alerts. I'd like to add that even as a fan, I intend to be candid in my opinions here. You shouldn't necessarily expect to see "puff pieces" in what I write; I'll be voicing my opinions on both the bad and the good, so please don't e-mail me in shock if I say something less than fangirly. :) The truth is, I have no exact schedule or road map for what will or won't be included here, but I'm excited to see where it will go.

This blog is going to be something of an experiment and something totally new to this website, as it will now enable fans to be interactive in communicating their thoughts and ideas with both me and each other. If you have ideas or requests for things you'd like to see covered here, drop me a line--I make no promises, but I'm open for any suggestions. Lurkers are welcome, as are visitors who would like to share their comments, but please let's all remember to use our basic manners. I have an itchy trigger finger with that "delete" button. :)

After an extended absence I am back, slightly sorta new and hopefully improved (although I suppose that remains to be seen). My thanks to everyone who contacted me during the hiatus to express their appreciation and support for WMO; my apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced by the site's downtime, and especially to those who attempted unsuccessfully to e-mail me. I promise I will do my best not to let correspondence go unanswered again, so if you wish to contact me offline with questions or anything else, fire away.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOORAY, YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is totally the best site out there for William fans and I was so afraid it was down for good. I'm so glad I looked today! I hope you get everything running again soon!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!! I've been checking back at this site at least thrice every month since it went down. I'm so ecstatic it's back. Hooray!

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news!
I know there were many besides me who were asking, but i'll take my share of the credit in talking you into doing this again. :-) You are providing a much needed service!

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now here is a bright spot in an otherwise crummy workday! Hooray again from me

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger The Operative said...

I'm MrBagwell at imdb, Meg. Thank you so very much for bringing the site back. BTW, if you need any pics for the Mapother gallery, I have plenty. Just ask. Granted, many of them originally came from YOUR site...so I'm not sure how useful I am.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Thanks very much to everyone for their kind comments (and for the e-mails too). :)

Mr. Bagwell, thanks for your offer of assistance. I'm still sorting through which features will & won't be returning, which ones I'll do differently, etc...I'm working right now on some stuff for the blog, but I'll give a holler when the photo gallery's time comes. I'm glad you enjoyed the array of pics I had up before. :)

I'm open to everyone's requests and suggestions, as always--don't be shy about speaking up! :)

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm so relieved this site is coming back. There has been nowhere for William fans to get their fix! I'll e-mail my list of requests tonight. It has been building for months. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home